[gmx-users] Interaction study for peptide-receptor..

Liu Shiyong liushiyong at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 03:17:50 CEST 2012

Justin,

 Single mutation for four residue. The number of mutants is 4x19=76
Of course , that is a tiny peptide library.

Best

Shiyong

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 10/9/12 8:43 PM, Liu Shiyong wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Your expectation from MD is too much than reality.
>>
>> Peptide design is an open problem. Lots of elegant protocols are
>> available. However, to my understanding, the core problem is still
>> about protein-peptide docking and scoring. MD simulation only helps on
>> some special cases. It is impossible that MD simulation is used to for
>> screening peptide library.
>>

> I would hardly call 4 different mutants a library.  Plenty of methods exist
> to enhance the sampling of such systems and have been used to great effect.
> Computationally expensive to pull off properly?  Yes.  Impossible?  In this
> case, I would say no.
>
> -Justin
>

>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM, rama david <ramadavidgroup at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you  for reply,
>>>   I read the recently published article in Biochemistry.
>>> They worked on the same receptor that I am working.
>>> ( as I mention in my previous mail)
>>> They used NAMD software and I am using gromacs.
>>> They sliced the  receptor binding site and used the the solid support
>>> to the binding site and did simulation.
>>>                 So if I freeze  the group is it will ok ??
>>> Is it possible in gromacs to fix the residue on solid immobilized
>>> surface.
>>> If it is how to do it??
>>>
>>> my question is How to decide which group are remove and which group
>>> should
>>> keep in simulation.????
>>>
>>> thank you in advance
>>> Thank you for giving your valuable time and advice to me.
>>>
>>> With best wishes and regards,
>>> Rama david

>>> --
>>> * Please search the archive at
>>> http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting!
>>> * Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the

> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
> Research Scientist
> Department of Biochemistry
> Virginia Tech
> Blacksburg, VA
> jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080

> * Please search the archive at

Shiyong Liu
Biomolecular Physics and Modeling Group, Department of Physics,
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, Hubei, China
Tel:86-27-87558335-805
Chinese Version:
刘士勇
华中科技大学物理学院  生物物理模建小组