[gmx-users] Installing an Individual Tool (g_select)

Smitty mds322 at drexel.edu
Thu Oct 11 15:48:47 CEST 2012

Dear Gromacs Guru's,

I currently have an old installation of gromacs (4.0.7) on my cluster and
the newer 4.5.4 on a gpu-machine that my group was using to explore the
gromacs-gpu acceleration. While using the newer version we found that
g_select was incredibly useful and seemed to work with both our 4.5.4
trajectories and our 4.0.7 trajectories, the problem being that we could
only use g_select on the gpu machine. So here's my question, what do I need
to compile just the g_select program from the 4.5.4 package onto the older
machine. We are currently in the middle of running some simulations using
the older version so replacing the entire gromacs package with the new
version is not an option.

Thanks for the help.

-Smitty