AW: [gmx-users] question about the minimization

Rausch, Felix frausch at ipb-halle.de
Thu Oct 18 11:27:13 CEST 2012

Hi Eva,

The change in energy in every step became smaller than the machine precision can represent (as is stated in the output). In other words: your system is minimized to a very high degree.
A value of 10 for the Fmax is very low for a system like yours, even with a pure protein in water system you probably wouldn't hit this value. Furthermore, 30.000 steps for a minimization seems pretty high to me.

Cheers,
Felix