[gmx-users] problem with g_density -center

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 19 16:55:14 CEST 2012

Dear Ali:

Please also keep in mind that 99% of the papers published with gromacs using NpT have shown density profiles
along Z that were computed simply by using (the incorrect) trjconv -center and (the incorrect for NpT) g_density.
So while I think that it's always important to get things right, if you're new to gromacs and/or scripting then maybe
you should just use trjconv and g_density straight out of the box -- you won't be the first or the last to do so and
if you are seeing results that are way different than what you find in the literature then there is some other
problem. A good place to start is to get 100 ns of sampling and run standard g_density.

Chris.