[gmx-users] genion problem with divalent ions

Leandro Bortot leandro.obt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 22:37:27 CEST 2012

Hi there,

     In addition to setting -pq to 2 as Justin said, you can set -conc to a
very low value such as 0.00001 for neutralizing the system.

     One more thing... genion apparently uses the box volume when
determining how many ions are necessary for getting a given ionic strength.
 However, depending of your system size and shape and box type the volume
of the protein may be considerable. Maybe the number of water molecules,
instead of the box volume, is a better criterion for determining the number
of ions to be added.

best regards,
Leandro