[gmx-users] Variation of angles of simulation cell - regd

ramesh cheerla rameshgromacs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 05:52:25 CEST 2012

Dear Mark,

                   Thank you very much for your reply and valuable
suggestions, I have used compressibility values as   "compressibility
= 4.5e-5  4.5e-5   4.5e-5  0.0  0.0  0.0" in my .mdp file.  Actually I
am interested in melting simulations of a polymer crystal, but I
haven't found any compressibility values for my system  in literature,
So that I have used compressibility values of water in my simulations,
 Can I do like this ?.
Following is the my .mdp file used for production, can you please go
through the .mdp file and suggest me if any modifications are required
to get correct lattice parameters.

title           = CHARMM 27  MD
; Run parameters
integrator      = md            ; leap-frog integrator
nsteps          = 500000        ; 2 * 500000 = 1000 ps, 1 ns
dt              = 0.002         ; 2 fs
; Output control
nstxout         = 1000          ; save coordinates every 2 ps
nstvout         = 1000          ; save velocities every 2 ps
nstxtcout       = 1000          ; xtc compressed trajectory output every 2 ps
nstenergy       = 1000          ; save energies every 2 ps
nstlog          = 1000          ; update log file every 2 ps
; Bond parameters
continuation    = yes           ; Restarting after NPT
constraint_algorithm = lincs    ; holonomic constraints
constraints     = all-bonds     ; all bonds (even heavy atom-H bonds)
constrained
lincs_iter      = 1             ; accuracy of LINCS
lincs_order     = 4             ; also related to accuracy
; Neighborsearching
ns_type         = grid          ; search neighboring grid cells
nstlist         = 5             ; 10 fs
rlist           = 1.0           ; short-range neighborlist cutoff (in nm)
rcoulomb        = 1.0           ; short-range electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
rvdw            = 1.0           ; short-range van der Waals cutoff (in nm)
; Electrostatics
coulombtype     = PME           ; Particle Mesh Ewald for long-range
electrostatics
pme_order       = 4             ; cubic interpolation
fourierspacing  = 0.12          ; grid spacing for FFT
; Temperature coupling is on
tcoupl          = V-rescale     ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc-grps         = system        ; two coupling groups - more accurate
tau_t           = 0.1           ; time constant, in ps
ref_t           = 20            ; reference temperature, one for each
group, in K
; Pressure coupling is on
pcoupl          = Parrinello-Rahman     ; Pressure coupling on in NPT
pcoupltype      = anisotropic   ;  non uniform scaling of box vectors
tau_p           = 2.0           ; time constant, in ps
ref_p           = 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0                       ;
reference pressure, in bar
compressibility = 4.5e-5  4.5e-5   4.5e-5  0.0  0.0  0.0        ;
isothermal compressibility of water, bar^-1
; Periodic boundary conditions
pbc             = xyz           ; 3-D PBC
; Dispersion correction
DispCorr        = EnerPres      ; account for cut-off vdW scheme
; Velocity generation
gen_vel         = no            ; Velocity generation is off

Thank you in advance.