[gmx-users] Smaller Area Per Lipid for DPPC Bilayer

David Ackerman da294 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 12 20:07:16 CEST 2012

Hello,

Right I guess my biggest concern was diffusion. I did in fact do 12
simulations of DPPC bilayers for 100 ns each, and still got the
aforementioned APL and diffusion. When I turn off the dispersion, I
get more appropriate APL and MSD values, that match other papers, even
when only looking at one simulation. To me, it does not seem the mdp
file I used is able to get more common APL and diffusion values even
when averaging over a large number of simulations.

As for the pressure in the x/y direction, is it more appropriate to
use 1 atm or 0 atm for bilayer simulations?

-David