[gmx-users] Smaller Area Per Lipid for DPPC Bilayer

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 12 20:30:40 CEST 2012

While dispersion correction is a great idea that helps to reduce the impact of the precise choice of cutoff distance on the results, the Berger parameters (and indeed all other parameters) were not developed with the inclusion of dispersion correction and one could argue that it is thus non-optimal to include dispersion correction here... especially since it leads to poorer results.

This is separate from the difference between isotropic dispersion correction and a proper "PME"-type LJ term. Both of which are expected to lead to smaller APLs.

When using anisotropic pressure coupling for lipid bilayers, you should use 1 atm in all dimensions.

Chris.