[gmx-users] Resuming of calculation from last *.cpt

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 16:03:01 CEST 2012

Justin,

In accordance to the manual I've re-launched my simulation by the command
mpiexec -np 48 mdrun_mpi.openmpi -v -s md_initial  -cpi md_initial  -append

where md_initial is the name of the files from the run which I want to continue.

As the result this produce new files with the default names traj.trr
ener.edr etc. In those files the trajectory have been calculated from
the last frame of the md_initial.cpt file. So as the result I've
obtain again 2 set of output files ( from old and new runs). IS it
possible to continue the calculations and save output within the
existing files (md_initial) without creation of new ones ?

James