[gmx-users] charge calculation........

ABEL Stephane 175950 Stephane.ABEL at cea.fr
Mon Sep 17 15:06:32 CEST 2012

Hi

Since you want to use the AMBER force for your calculations, you will need to compute the RESP charges for your new residue (unprotoned TYR) and add the charges in your *rtp file. To compute the charges, you can use the RED.Server  (http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/).

It is not easy, so read the tutorials.

HTH

Stephane

----------------------

Dear All,

             I want to have one of tyrosine residues in my protein to
be unprotonated. I am using amber force field for the simulation. But
in aminoacid.rtp there is no entry for the unprotonated one. So I am
adding it by myself in to the .rtp file. Now I am bit confused with
the charge of the unprotonated one. How can I calculate the partial
charges for each and every atoms in  unprotonated tyrosine? Would
Gaussian/SCF be a good one to deal with this matter? Should I take the
tyrosine amino acid alone to calculate the charge in Gaussian ?
Please suggest me the proper method(s) to calculate the charge.

Thanks,

Tarak

Message: 6