[gmx-users] LINCS warning in md run

reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Sep 18 13:22:25 CEST 2012

I need the rest of the structure just as it is now because I want to do
electrostatic analysis with it.
I just added the phosphate manually and so I want to minimize and run a
short MD with it.

I added the dihedraltype of the amber database
(http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/Richard.Bryce/amber/pro/frcmod_y1p)
to the ffbonded file.
And additionally I looked at the protein and made all the residues which
could somehow influence the protein flexible so that eventual clashes can
be repaired.
But still I got the error:

..Step 3612, time 3.612 (ps)  LINCS WARNING
relative constraint deviation after LINCS:
rms 0.000008, max 0.000031 (between atoms 975 and 978)
bonds that rotated more than 30 degrees:
 atom 1 atom 2  angle  previous, current, constraint length
    976    979   32.6    0.0961   0.0960      0.0960

Step 3613, time 3.613 (ps)  LINCS WARNING
relative constraint deviation after LINCS:
rms 0.000237, max 0.001400 (between atoms 976 and 979)
bonds that rotated more than 30 degrees:
 atom 1 atom 2  angle  previous, current, constraint length
    976    979   33.4    0.0960   0.0959      0.0960
..

Too many LINCS warnings (1000)

I already minimized the protein and everything was fine. There were no
errors:

Steepest Descents converged to machine precision in 15 steps,
but did not reach the requested Fmax < 10.
Potential Energy  = -7.7436938e+05
Maximum force     =  8.6871973e+03 on atom 979
Norm of force     =  7.1224258e+01

gcq#49: "You Could Make More Money As a Butcher" (F. Zappa)

Steepest Descents converged to machine precision in 15 steps,
but did not reach the requested Fmax < 10.
Potential Energy  = -7.7436938e+05
Maximum force     =  8.6871973e+03 on atom 979
Norm of force     =  7.1224258e+01

And also during the grompp run there are no errors.
Can you please help me to find out where the problem lies?

Thank you,
 Eva