[gmx-users] LINCS warning in md run

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Sep 18 13:34:32 CEST 2012

On 9/18/12 7:22 AM, reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de wrote:
> I need the rest of the structure just as it is now because I want to do
> electrostatic analysis with it.

Another thing worth considering - why do you necessarily need the rest of the
structure to be identical?  Or perhaps better stated, why do you believe this to
be the more appropriate model of reality?  Phosphorylation events frequently
trigger structural changes in the protein, so I see no reason to assume it will
have no effect on the rest of the structure.  At the very least, you can try a
"normal" EM and MD procedure without freezing anything to see if you can
determine the problem.  If things run normally without freezing, then you know
that whatever you are doing here is artificial and problematic.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080