[gmx-users] charge calculation........

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:11:31 CEST 2012

Thanks Mark.

I have gone through the link "Parameterization of novel molecules" and
I see quantum calculations can be handy for this type of charge
calculation (AMBER). So for the unprotonated tyrosine, I am taking two
more amino acids (left and right) and calculating ESP charges of the
tri-peptide by using HF / 6-31(+)g(d) level of theory. Can you please
tell me whether I can include the partial charges of all the atoms of
the middle tyrosine (unprotonated) in the aminoacids.rtp file to
simulate the protein ?

Thanks,
Tarak