[gmx-users] Residue 'UNK' not found in residue topology database

SIMONE BROGI brogi32 at unisi.it
Tue Sep 18 18:42:08 CEST 2012

Dear gromacs user,
I have a complex generated by docking calculation and I would perform a MD
by gromacs. I have a problem with ligand atoms. In the pdb file the ligand
appears as UNK and if I process this file in order to start simulation I
receive this messagge error:
 "Residue 'UNK' not found in residue topology database"
 this part of file concerning ligand and it is not a residue. In order to
fix this problem can I replace the UNK with another tag that is Known in
topology database for a ligand??? or How can I fix this error???
Thanks in advance for answers

Simone

--

Brogi Simone M.Sc. Ph.D.
Department of Pharmaceutical and Applied Chemistry