[gmx-users] Water molecule can not be settled - mdrun error

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 21 15:45:23 CEST 2012

Hello

My equilibration of water around lumiflavin works (I got no error, no warning and no note). Sadly the mdrun fails with following error:

step 886: Water molecule starting at atom 7596 can not be settled.
Check for bad contacts and/or reduce the timestep if appropriate.

What does GROMACS mean with "check bad contacts" and what do you think I should fix?

System is lumiflavin in water, CHARMM 27 force field, tip3p water model.

Here is my mdp file I used before:

define          = -DPOSRES

integrator      = md
dt              = 0.002