[gmx-users] Water molecule can not be settled - mdrun error

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 21 19:31:57 CEST 2012

Hi Justin

I used this settings except of vdw-type = switch and rvdw_switch = 0.8 and with this settings grompp gives me two notes and one of this notes is inconsistent:

NOTE 1 [file pr.mdp]:
  For energy conservation with switch/shift potentials, rlist should be 0.1
  to 0.3 nm larger than rvdw.

Because I thought rlist hast to be 1.2 and rvdw hast to be 1.2 for my CHARMM27 force field.

My second note is:

NOTE 2 [file pr.mdp]:
  The sum of the two largest charge group radii (0.079505) is larger than
  rlist (1.200000) - rvdw (1.200000)

which I sadly don't understand.

Greetings
Lara