[gmx-users] Water molecule can not be settled - mdrun error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 24 18:34:53 CEST 2012

On 9/24/12 12:31 PM, Peter C. Lai wrote:
> As I noted before, you can safely ignore the gromacs notices when setting
> them to the correct cutoffs I listed.

Agreed.  Please use the cutoffs that have been posted explicitly 3-4 times now.

> Your energy minimization still looks a bit high (1000)...
>
> Justin might have some more ideas...

The maximum force is too high.  If this condition persists with the proper
cutoffs, then the topology is to blame.  You've yet to explain where the
parameters for lumiflavin came from, but if forces are high and the simulations
collapse, then the parameterization is likely insufficiently accurate.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080