[gmx-users] Installation in a SGI Cluster

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Tue Sep 25 23:19:26 CEST 2012

Check to see if the MPICC and MPI_HOME environment variables are set
correctly to configure (it can't find mpicc).

On 2012-09-25 12:06:14PM -0300, Diego Nolasco wrote:
> Hello GROMACS users,
>
> I am facing some problems to configure the gromacs installation in a x86_64
> GNU/Linux SGI Cluster XE with Suse.
> I am using ./configure --enable-mpi --without-x --disable-float and the
> error comes as below:
>
> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
> checking for cc... cc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
> checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
> checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
> checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
> checking for mpxlc... no
> checking for mpicc... no
> checking for mpcc... no
> checking for hcc... no
> checking whether the MPI cc command works... configure: error: Cannot
> compile and link MPI code with cc
>
> I would really appreciate if someone assist me in this regard.
> Thank's in advance,
>
> Diego Nolasco.

Peter C. Lai			| University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst		| KAUL 752A
Genetics Div. of Research	| 705 South 20th Street
pcl at uab.edu			| Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808			|