[gmx-users] Re: Salt bridge Calculations

Kavyashree M hmkvsri at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 19:09:53 CEST 2013

Sir,

This g_hbond will generate a matrix similar to
what g_saltbr would have given in terms of variation
of distance between two charge groups.

I want to find out the variation of all the salt bridges
in the protein over the trajectory, if I have to use g_dist
with an index of positive atoms and another of negative
atoms, then it will calculate the distance between the
centre of mass of these two groups.. according to manual.

So How can I use g_dist for this kind of calculation.
I am little confused.

If I take a cut of of 0.4nm (as we mention in g_saltbr), will
it be wrong if I have to calculate salt bridges between
these two indices -

group 1: ASP_GLU_&_OD1_OD2_OE1_OE2
group 2: ARG_LYS_&_NZ_NE_NH1_NH2

Thank you