[gmx-users] Re: Hamiltonian replica exchange umbrella sampling with gmx 4.6

Dejun Lin dejun.lin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 00:15:56 CEST 2013

Hi Micheal,

Just to make sure I understand you correctly -- I can have 1 type of
restraint, e.g., a harmonic potential between 2 groups defined by (k1, d1)
where k1 is force constant and d1 is the equilibrium position. But I can't
have 2 or more types of restraints like (k1,d1,k2,d2,...,kn,dn). Is that
correct?

Also, about to paper you referred to. Is the algorithm described in section
IIIB-2 the one that's currently implemented in gromacs? If so, how do you
"precompute" the matrix U for all pairs without knowing x? I guess I just
don't have an idea about how the whole procedure is conducted.

Thanks,
Dejun