[gmx-users] Re: cannot read frames out from trr files

mu xiaojia muxiaojia2010 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 05:03:00 CEST 2013

Thanks Justin,

It never happens to my simulations before, is there anyway to figure out
what caused this corruption?  the log file and screen outputs didn't
mentioned any error message. I am wandering if it was caused by the
unstable super-cluster I am currently using, because on another
super-clusters, it never happened before.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 4/3/13 8:42 PM, mu xiaojia wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the typo, the last evidence"4) I also compared the generated
>> files' sizes, A = B in trr, edr , gro, cpt, if B crashes before reaching
>> 100ns, the size would **NOT*** be the same as A."
>>

> You probably have a corrupted frame.  The simulation continued and the
> .trr file continued being written, so you see comparable file sizes.
>
> -Justin
>

>> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM, mu xiaojia <muxiaojia2010 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Dear GMX users,
>>>
>>> I am not sure if someone has similar problems before. I cannot read half
>>> of the frames from trr file after md simulation, and I believe my
>>> simulation has already completed.
>>>
>>> I have finished simulations A and B with both gmx4.5.4 and gmx4.5.5. the
>>> only difference between A and B is they are npt simulations under
>>> different
>>> temperature (in mdp file, "ref_t" part )and such difference would not