[gmx-users] Re:Applying periodic boundary conditions in energy minimization

Abhinav Agrawal abhv.agrw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 10:13:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

After applying energy minimization most of the atoms leave the box ( around
95%).

I am using a composite system of polymer and clay. The composite box (5.8
nm * 5.8 nm *7 nm) is made from combining a polymer box (5.7 nm * 5.7 nm *
5.7 nm) and clay box (5.5 nm * 5.1 nm * 1 nm) using editconf and genbox.

I am not using any solvent in the system. Could that create a problem?

Or could the problem be that the box dimensions are too small? In that case
should I increase the size of the composite box.

Also, If I increase the size of the box how do I ensure that the density of
the system does not chance. Thanks for your help.