[gmx-users] Re: Re: Re: Applying periodic boundary conditions in energy minimization

Abhinav Agrawal abhv.agrw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:37:46 CEST 2013

I have a clay pdb file
http://s24.postimg.org/je3mvov9h/MMT.png

and a polymer structure file:
http://s24.postimg.org/ei003zv45/PLA.png

I use the following commands to generate a composite box

> genbox -cp mmt.pdb -o mmt_box.gro

> editconf -f mmt_box.gro -o mmt_newbox.gro -box 5.800 5.811 7.5 -center
2.499  2.658  0.647

> genbox -cp pla.gro -o pla_box.gro

> editconf -f pla_box.gro -o pla_newbox.gro -box 5.800 5.811 7.5 -center
2.732  2.722  4.277

> genbox -cp mmt_newbox.gro -ci pla_newbox.gro -nmol 1 -o mmt_pla.gro -try
100

Image of composite box:
http://s24.postimg.org/w9g7w6zwl/MMT_PLA.png

After this I run the energy minimization using following commands

> grompp -v -f em.mdp -c mmt_pla.gro -o em -p system.top -maxwarn 1

> mdrun -v -s em.tpr -o em.trr -c after_em.gro -g emlog.log -nt 1

The structure after energy minimization:
http://s24.postimg.org/3l39syxqd/After_EM.png

Below are the links for em.mdp, and system.top

em.mdp : http://pastebin.com/3YsPR4FX
system.top : http://pastebin.com/2PXdPA9P

I hope this is everything you require. Thanks for you help.