[gmx-users] unstable system

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Apr 7 20:23:13 CEST 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Shima Arasteh
<shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Yes, some letters were transferred by mistakes to email.
> Yes, I am using charmm36. Also the rvdw_switch was correct the same as you
> wrote 1.0  in last email.

I would suggest you take great care to provide accurate information,
especially when it is requested of you. I thought I had identified a
mistake that would have lead to instability. It turns out that you posted
something fictitious and it feels a bit like I wasted my time. If you want
free help, make it easy for those who want to help you to do so.

> Now, I am wondering what the solution is in such cases of facing such an
> error? Would you please let me know your suggestions?

I see no reason why a system that was previously stable for 10 ns to
suddenly become unstable. Monitor energy terms very closely, and try
reducing the time step to 1 fs for a period of time.

-Justin

> Many thanks for your replies.
>

> Sincerely,
> Shima