[gmx-users] Re: cygwin_mpi_gmx installation

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Fri Apr 12 20:20:48 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM, 라지브간디 <rajiv at kaist.ac.kr> wrote:
> Thanks for your answers. I have uninstalled the mpi, have also reinstalled the CUDA and got the same issue. As you have mentioned before I noticed that it struggle to detect the CUDA.

Do you mean that you reconfigured without MPI and with CUDA? You don't
need to uninstall anything to enable/disable configuration options,
just clean your build directory and rerun CMake in it.

> Can cygwin recognize the CUDA installed in win 7? if so, how do i link them ?

Good question, I've no idea whether it can as I myself have never
built GROMACS with CUDA on cygwin neither have I heard of anyone else
do that. What I can safely state is that the native Win builds with
non-cygwin CMake and MSVC as a compiler do work with with a variety of
generators: nmake, ninja, and VS.

However, it would be very useful to know whether/how it is possible to
detect CUDA with CMake a build GROMACS with GPU acceleration on
cygwin. Perhaps someone else on the list with more cygwin experience
could help out with tips or even try to build with CUDA.

> The default installation path of CUDA in win 7 could be C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA
>

> If I am correct, it should be like
>

> cmake .. -DGMX_GPU=ON -DCUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR=C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA

The whitespaces will need special treatment, AFAIR putting quotes
around the path (or simply copying the directory to C:\CUDA) should
work. Alternatively, you could try to put nvcc in your path, than
CMake should be able to do the path handling magic.