[gmx-users] trjcat set timestep/amb2gmx?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 01:06:31 CEST 2013

On Apr 15, 2013 6:27 PM, "Justin Lemkul" <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 4/15/13 12:23 PM, Steven Neumann wrote:
>>
>> Dear Gmx Users,
>>
>> I obtained dcd trajectory from simulation in another software. I wish to
>> merge many trajectories using trjcat with a proper timestep. Is that
option
>> possible using gromacs or shall use a script to produce tpr file from my
>> prmtop file e.g. amb2gmx ? Any links for such a script?
>>

> If you linked against VMD libraries when installing, Gromacs can handle
any trajectory/coordinate file format that VMD can, thus requiring no
conversion. If you need a .tpr file to do the analysis you are trying to
do, then yes, you need to convert topology information into the proper
format.

...and be aware that a -s option that accepts both .tpr and (say) .gro
formats (as shown in g_tool -h) might succeed with the latter if only atom
names, rather than (say)  bonding connectivity is required for g_tool to
work.

Mark