[gmx-users] renumtop script

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Apr 21 15:06:01 CEST 2013

On 4/21/13 12:26 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:

>   Hi all,
>
> I aimed to use renumtop script, downloaded from other softwares in GROMACS.org website.
>
> Does anybody know which language this script is written in? Because I want to execute this program and write a command as follow, but it doesn't work:
>
> # renumtop topol.top
>
> The error what I get in bash is this:
> If 'renumtop' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
>      cnf renumtop
>
> I think some prerequisite software are need to applied but they don't exist. And also don't know what they are to go on installation of them.
> Would you please let me know how to solve this problem?

./renumtop topol.top

Without ./ preceding the command, your shell looks for "renumtop" within your
$PATH, which it doesn't find.  Using ./ says, "execute this command here in this
directory."  It appears to be a script that simply invokes awk, which is a
standard Linux command-line tool.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080