[gmx-users] RMSD from the average structure

bipin singh bipinelmat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 06:59:07 CEST 2013

Thanks for your reply.
Actually I am interested to see how much structural deviation is occurring
in a protein during the simulation from its average position of atoms
rather than the initial position (crystal structure or starting structure).
The motivation of doing this analysis is the fact that in real solution
phase, a system may not be static and if we consider the time average
structure of a simulation to be the real representative of the structure in
solution phase rather than static crystal structure.