[gmx-users] RMSD from the average structure

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Apr 26 10:51:52 CEST 2013

Average coordinates are problematic and not generally representative. Consider for instance the average coordinates of a methyl group connected to X. The rotation around the C-X bond causes the average positions of the hydrogens to line up. Consider using g_cluster to find representative structures from your trajectory.

Erik