[gmx-users] Re: SMD - reproducibility

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Fri Apr 26 14:23:24 CEST 2013

Don't know. One idea i have: Take a flexible and a relative rigid system
and perform simulations with the same starting conditions (-> using -t
*.cpt). I would imagine that for the flexible system the trajectories
start earlier to deviate, since more stuff could happen (system is more
flexible -> greater configurational space). For the rigid system the
configurational space is smaller, so the probability is higher to always
follow the same trajectory if one starts with a predefinded velocity and
direction.
But don't know if this is true, but it's the first thing which comes to
my mind.