[gmx-users] Re: SMD - reproducibility

rajendra kumar rjdkmr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 16:20:03 CEST 2013

I am not sure but different force profiles may be due to the
non-equilibrium relaxation problem. The path on the energy landscape during
the non-equilibrium simulations depends on the pulling rate and/or
relaxation of any unknown coordinates correlated with pulling coordinates.
If during pulling, correlated coordinates will not be able to relax
completely, high energy path is more likely on the energy landscape. Effect
of relaxations can be tested by performing simulations at several reduced
pulling rate. Also, there are several literature available on the effect of
pulling rate during simulations.

With best regards,
Rajendra