[gmx-users] starting temperature equilibration phase

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Aug 6 19:54:01 CEST 2013

On 8/6/13 1:49 PM, ypca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm studying a protein in water at 348 K. In the equilibration phase (nvt, 1
> ns) the temperature starts at about 348 K, and i can't see the slowly
> increase of the temperature. I can't understand why the temperature is so
> high at the beginning.
> Could anyone help me?

Your question doesn't make much sense.  If you're studying a system at 348 K,
then the temperature starting at 348 K and not increasing all sounds right.
Under the influence of a thermostat, the temperature should oscillate about the
desired value.  If something is anomalous, please provide better evidence and a
full .mdp file.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy