[gmx-users] Number of SOL/Water in gmx_moltype_t

Pradip Biswas biswas.pk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 19:48:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am using v-4.5.5. I have a system of DNA nucleotide & *two* OH radicals
 solvated in water.

The topology file has the following records in the end:

[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
DNA_chain_X         1
SOL                    351

However, when I did gmxdump after running grompp, I see the following:

moltype (0):
      name="DNA_chain_X"
residue (2):
      residue[0]={name="DTMP", nr=1, ic=' '}
      residue[1]={name="OHN", nr=2, ic=' '}

moltype (1):
      name="SOL"
residue (1):
      residue[0]={name="SOL", *nr=1*, ic=' '}

Aren't we recording the number of solvent residues? I was expecting nr=351
for SOL; the number of water molecule I have in the system. As I get nr=2
for OHN

Thanks,
Pradip Biswas

--
P. K. Biswas, PhD
Laboratory of Computational Biophysics & Bioengineering