[gmx-users] position restraint

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 22 13:19:28 CEST 2013

On 8/22/13 7:13 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:

> yes, but there was only a typing mistake in my earlier email.

Always copy and paste; don't re-type.

> The error I get still exists when I use the correct itp file:
>
> First made an .itp file of the ion: ion_posre.itp
>
> Then added these line to top file:
> #include "./charmm36-modified.ff/ions.itp"
> #ifdef POSRES_ION
> #include "ion_posre.itp"
> #endif
>
> And added the line to mdp file
>
> define         = -DPOSRES_ION

Position restraints must be placed within the [moleculetype] to which they
correspond.  Right now, you're declaring a force field and then saying you want
to restrain an ion that does not exist because it hasn't been introduced in the
topology.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors#Atom_index_n_in_position_restraints_out_of_bounds

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences