[gmx-users] grompy and how to call energy routine

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Aug 31 21:11:55 CEST 2013

On 8/31/13 3:04 PM, Gianluca Interlandi wrote:
> I complied gromacs 4.6.3 with -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON. The only libraries that I
> find are:
>
> libmd.so libgmxana.so libgmxpreprocess.so libgmx.so
>
> which are also produced without specifying -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON There is no
> library called libmdrun.so like the one used in grompy. Could it be that
> libmdrun.so is replaced by libmd.so in version 4.6.3? Does the command mdrun
> call libmd.so?

I have never heard of anything called "libmdrun.so" and I do not see one in any
of my current installations - 4.0.7, 4.5.5, or 4.6.3.  The mdrun command should
be linked against libmd.so; you can check with ldd.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601