[gmx-users] umbrella versus constraint in the pulling code

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Mon Dec 2 10:19:21 CET 2013

Hi,
I never used the pull-code with GMX 4.5.x or 4.6.x,but I would assume
that it'sthe same as in 4.0.x:
'Umbrella': Due to the harmonic potential the force and the distance
between the two particles will fluctuate.
'Constraint': Only the force will fluctuate. The (relative) distance
between the two particles should either stay constant (if v=0) or
increase linearly (v.ne.0). But still the position of both groups can
fluctuate, but only in such a way that the constraint isn't violated.
Greetings
Thomas

Am 30.11.2013 15:41, schrieb
gromacs.org_gmx-users-request at maillist.sys.kth.se: