[gmx-users] exclusions

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Dec 5 16:40:00 CET 2013

On 12/5/13 10:28 AM, Steven Neumann wrote:
> I guess I need to write [ exclusions ] as TUB is composed of other
> energygrps. I have 2516 atoms, that would be difficult to write [
> exclusions ] manually, would you recommend any script? I am not programming
> :(

It's an easy loop.  Every atom is excluded from all others.  You just need to
take care to not write repetitive exclusions (i.e. an exclusion of 1 2 is the
same as 2 1), but that's simple to do.

Learning a simple scripting language is an essential skill; it will save you
countless hours.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy