[gmx-users] The time for the temperature and pressure coupling

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Feb 7 09:59:32 CET 2013

Hi,

Perhaps a side point: Temperature and pressure can not be seen as
constraints to the system at any given instant in the sense that e.g.
the instantaneous kinetic energy perfectly match the temperature at
every time step just because you have a thermostat. Time and ensemble
averages will, however, reflect the temperature and pressure coupling.

Erik