[gmx-users] The time for the temperature and pressure coupling

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:56:58 CET 2013

Ah, now perhaps I see that I misread the question - it could have been
phrased more clearly.  If Erik understood it correctly, then the
answer to the question is: It depends on the integrator.  The
simulation is not constrained to a particular temperature or pressure
- rather, the dynamics are modified such that the ensemble is
consistent with the external temperature and pressure are specified.
Exactly where in the integration routine the dynamics are modified
depends on the method used.  See the manual for more of the details!