[gmx-users] Number of interactions per residue

Kavyashree M hmkvsri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 18:04:08 CET 2013

Dear users,

As Suggested by Erik, I used g_hbond with -contact  to obtain a matrix of
each contact as a function of time. I used the following command -
g_hbond -f a.xtc -s a.tpr -contact -r2 0.5 -hbm m.xpm -b 4000 -e 4400 -hbn
c.ndx

I get only three contacts in the index file. The protein is a dimer of 474
residues
(237 each). With a distance cut off of 0.5nm there should have been more
number
of contacts. And what is the difference in using -r only or -r2 only and
combining -r
and -r2?

Thank you
Kavya