[gmx-users] dummy atom - regd

ramesh cheerla rameshgromacs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:53:53 CET 2013

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your reply, I was able to fix the position of  ghost atom by
using   "energygrp_excl " in my mdp file  for energy exclusion between
ghost atom and the remaining  part of the system   and  have removed center
of mass motion by using option comm_mode       = linear .
If  I observe the trajectory the ghost atom is  not moving at all(as I
required)  but remaining system is translating.
Here my question is  though I have used the option comm_mode=linear to
remove the translational motion then  why my system is translating ?  and
moreover I have used  pcoupltype      = anisotropic as I am dealing with
materials it is required, is that because of  that ?

Thank you,

Best,
Ramesh.