[gmx-users] secondary structure analyze

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 1 20:19:52 CET 2013

On 1/1/13 2:17 PM, Parisa Rahmani wrote:
> Thanks Justin for the reply,
> how i can sure that it uses the DSSP package correctly ,
> it seems that it just uses the gromacs code :
> (
> Opening library file /home/parisa/parisa/share/gromacs/top/phbres.dat
> Opening library file /home/parisa/parisa/share/gromacs/top/aminoacids.dat
> Opening library file /home/parisa/parisa/share/**gromacs/top/ss.map
> )
> for some reasons I use gromacs 3.3.3.

The do_dssp program is simply a wrapper that runs the (external) dssp executable
on every frame in the trajectory.  Gromacs has several definitions it uses for
various properties of the different residues, so that's what you see it opening.

If there are no errors, it is running correctly.  Failures are rather obvious by
design.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080