[gmx-users] error with indexfile

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 4 21:27:08 CET 2013

On 1/4/13 5:06 AM, Kieu Thu Nguyen wrote:
> Thank Neha ! I follow your advices but this error still appear. I don't
> know why.

You'll have to show us exactly what you're doing to get any solid advice.
Consider what I posted earlier.  Usually the mismatch occurs because you are
using a coordinate file from some prior step in building your system that no
longer matches the actual system.

> By the way, does anybody know why there are not ions in topology file in
> Martini CG-MD. Because I see the system has not zero charge, i don't
> understand why the CG system not be neutralized by ions.

There are ion parameters for MARTINI:

http://md.chem.rug.nl/cgmartini/index.php/downloads/force-field-parameters/60-ions

-Justin

> Thanks and regards,
> KT
>

> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Awasthi, Neha <
> neha.awasthi at biologie.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
>
>> First check your .gro file and your .top file, to make sure atom 6518 (or
>> Water) is consistently defined.
>>
>> Next step would be to make sure this atom features in the index file
>> within a
>> "correct group".
>> In some cases, if a single atom is left out and not part of any group in
>> the
>> index file, it gives this error.
>> Why not make your index file again ?
>> Read the help provided with the command "make_ndx" to understand this.
>> Hope that works!

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080