[gmx-users] gromacs on GPU

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Mon Jan 7 15:14:36 CET 2013

Hi James,

Don't use the OpenMM accelerated mdrun for explicit solvent simulations.
For such runs any modern CPU with 4-8 cores will probably be as fast or
faster than most GPUs.

However, do consider the 4.6 *native* heterogeneous GPU-accelerated code.
This new efficient code can provide 2-4x speedup and uses both CPU and GPU.

To get the latest 4.6 version use the 4.6-beta3 release (http://goo.gl/XFPoe)
or even better, get the code from git (git clone git://
git.gromacs.org/gromacs -b release-4-6).

Let us know how things worked out!

Cheers,

--
Szilárd