[gmx-users] selecting res CYS from G53a5 using pdb2gmx

Payman Pirzadeh ppirzade at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jan 8 07:37:18 CET 2013

Dear Justin,
Thanks for your suggestions. It all made sense.
But I ran into a strange problem. I checked the mail list, and all I found
was about misspelling the force field name. I copied the whole gromos53a5.ff
directory into my working folder, copied the modified .rtp, .dat and .hdb
files into the gromos53a5.ff folder, and issued:
pdb2gmx_d_mpi -f protein.pdb -p protein-CYA.top -o protein-CYA.gro -inter
-ff gromos53a5.ff
but what I got was:

Program pdb2gmx_d_mpi, VERSION 4.5.4
Source code file: pdb2top.c, line: 239

Fatal error:
Could not find force field 'gromos53a5.ff' in current directory, install
tree or GMXDATA path.

If I do not add the -ff option, the default pdb2gmx command works, by
opening the force field from the default path. I tried 'source GMXRC' from
my working folder, but same error pops up. I am not sure what I am missing
here?!
Sorry for mass of e-mails.

Payman