[gmx-users] selecting res CYS from G53a5 using pdb2gmx

Payman Pirzadeh ppirzade at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jan 9 00:09:42 CET 2013

Dear Justin,
Thanks for the tips. Things worked smoothly up to the point when I wanted to
run an actual simulation. When I wanted to run grompp for a NVT simulation,
I got this error message:

Fatal error:
7 atoms are not part of any of the T-Coupling groups

I realized that that in my mdp file, I had:

Tcoupl              =  Nose-Hoover
tau_t               =  0.2                 0.2          0.2
tc-grps             =  Protein             SOL          CL-
ref_t               =  310                 310          310

I noticed that this warning is related to the CYA residue. So I added CYA as
a new group to the above list and problem was solved. But what remains
strange/scary to me is that I defined CYA in residuetypes.dat! Shouldn't
grompp consider the new residue as part of the protein? Won't this separate
temperature coupling of a residue and protein cause strange behavior?
Sorry for inconveniences.
Best,

Payman