[gmx-users] do_dssp

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 15 13:16:58 CET 2013

On 1/15/13 7:13 AM, James Starlight wrote:
> Justin,
>

>   I  want to obtain timescale on X as well as number of residues on Y
> on the xmp graph . By  default that graph has not legend so it's hard
> to analyse it .

The legends are printed in the .xvg header.  I've never had a problem plotting
its contents (though they are usually somewhat unclear when plotted together)
with xmgrace -nxy scount.xvg

> By the way have you forced with some problems with dppc ? Simetimes
> I've obtain error like
>

> There are 286 residues in your selected group
> dssp cmd='/usr/local/bin/dssp -i dd42GVbd -o ddpu8ln2 > /dev/null 2> /dev/null'
> Reading frame       0 time    0.000
> Back Off! I just backed up dd42GVbd to ./#dd42GVbd.1
>

> Fatal error:
> Failed to execute command: Try specifying your dssp version with the
> -ver option.
>
> and I dont know how to fix it.
>
> I'm using gromacs-4.6-beta 3 with dssp 2.0.3

Since dssp changed its command line options, Gromacs had to adapt as well.  The
error tells you to use the -ver option; you should do so.  Version 2 should be
the default, so check to make sure you're actually using that version and not
the old dssp.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080