[gmx-users] About Lateral Diffusion of Lipids

vidhya sankar scvsankar_agr at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 12:18:13 CET 2013

Dear Justin Thank you for your Previous reply

I am Following your Protein Lipid Tutorial When I do the msd analysis For  protein in DPPC lipid-water Bilayer in lateral Z direction  using P8 atoms as index  Then  I have Got the Following Output      Is the Following My  Out put is Reasonable or Not?
Used 101 restart points spaced 10 ps over 1000 ps

Fitting from 100 to 900 ps

D[        P8] 0.0544 (+/- 0.0057) 1e-5 cm^2/s

What Is Lateral Diffusion of Lipids ?  Its Value for Membrane Protein (output ) indicates What ?

Is there is Limiting (upper, Lower ) Value For Every System ?  How could I come to a conclusion That  My Value  of My  Diffusion Coefficient is Reasonable or Not

Thanks In Advance