[gmx-users] RMSD

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 19:14:19 CET 2013

What I see in xvg file is as below:

# g_rms -s 1.pdb -f 2.pdb -o rmsd1.xvg
#
# g_rms is part of G R O M A C S:
#
# Gromacs Runs On Most of All Computer Systems
#
@    title "RMSD"
@    xaxis  label "Time (ps)"
@    yaxis  label "RMSD (nm)"
@TYPE xy
@ subtitle "Protein after lsq fit to Protein"
  -1.0000000    0.2510229

I though that -1 is the ref value and the other is the relative RMSD for 2.pdb. Is this -1 should be positive? What is this -1? Would you give me any suggestions   please?

Sincerely,
Shima