[gmx-users] Issue in Energy minimization protein-ligand complex

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 4 21:23:15 CEST 2013

On 7/4/13 3:16 PM, Sainitin Donakonda wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> using pdbgmx i generated charmm27 force field for protein
> I prepared ligand topologies using swissparam online tool for all 5
> ligands. But it worked for 4 and 5th one is creating problem at energy
> minimization step.

And how about the other question I asked - the source of the initial
configurations?  How good are the topologies?  What does visual inspection of
the EM trajectory show you?  The steps listed on
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up#Diagnosing_an_Unstable_System
still apply, regardless of whether you're doing EM or MD.

Postdoctoral Associate

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601